Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

80's style brass lamp




 Now that we have a baby in the house, being frugal has taken on a whole new meaning.  About 6 years ago, I received 2 brass lamps from my grandparents.  They weren't using them anymore and I was in the middle of being a poor college student.  I jumped at the opportunity of free things for my apartment.  Well, they served their purpose, but but they just weren't cute. 

Here is the original lamp with a new lampshade.  I had it like this for quite sometime.  There's just something a little......shiny.......about that lamp.

After wandering around Walmart one day (Mike was in the hunting section), I found this product that promised me a new lamp!


I think it was around $6 or so.  Definetly cheaper then 2 new lamps.


Mike wasn't impressed that I was using spray paint in the basement.  It surprisingly wasn't too stinky. Where else are you supposed to do stuff like this in January, in North Dakota?

I sprayed 2 coats after I sanded the lamps a bit.  It covered great!  I was beyond excited.  My projects don't usually work out like promised. 

The finished project!  Not too shabby.  Now I just need a shade for the 2nd one.  Go crafty me! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay, Jess! It looks awesome!!